"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

19.6.09

TODOLIST

"When she dances, she goes and goes" (song White Houses, by Vanessa Carlton).

And it's so TRUE!
I just want to go out now and dance the night away. Any shoes would do; heels for clubbing, sneakers for underground hip hop or street style dancing, flats for anything casual.. I don't mind where I go, as long as I go somewhere!
Unfortunately, I am flat broke and my friends are all homebound, because of the swine flu outbreak (in case you didn't know: the Department of Health advised South Island School and KGV to close because of the recent swine flu cases [South Island being my school]), so I am bound to stay home too. What is a girl to do?
The Philips-tech savvies came by today, to fix our television. I forgot how much fun i was to Wii. Tiffany came by and she, Melissa and I played Mario Kart for a while. I might set up a work out schedule for myself with the Wii (with the personal trainer program you can put on it, lol). It sounds ridiculous, but even when I do something lighthearted like boxing or playing tennis on the Wii, I get all sweaty and I'm serious when I say that the Wii is a serious workout.
So that's thing number one that I can do (and certainly WILL do).
Second thing I'm going to do, is search more classes here in Hong Kong, for dancing in particular. The last audition really tingled my fancy and I'm thinking of taking up a couple of courses, because: 1. I love it, and 2. I'm good at it, but not good enough to do anything with it (yet).
Thing number 3, is to search more information on Wicca. Not only on Wicca itself, but also on Wicca in Hong Kong. I have noticed that it's even harder to find someone interested in this religion than in Holland and I don't want to have to do all the research on my own; I feel lonely, doing all the research on my own, not talking to others about what I've found out. I don't know anyone whom knows more about Wicca than I do right now, so I can't ask any questions either, let alone join a coven. In the beginning, I thought that being a solitary Wiccan would be easier; you're less bound to the rules and timings of your coven and you can do everything at your own pace (within certain boundaries). But it can be tedious sometimes,- uninteresting, even! And if Wicca has to be put into one word and one word only, it is the word fascinating, not uninteresting.
So I need to do some desperate research on that. I did find a website that suggested the book 'Wicca: a year and a day', which is EXACTLY what I need right now. I'm almost nineteen and I wish to really get into Wicca deeper than I am right now. The only reason I'm not into it as much as I wish to be, is because I still live with my parents and my sister and they all think it's a bunch of bullocks. But when I move out of the house, I can do whatever pleases me, so better do as much research as I can right now, don't you think?

Okay, lovely lovebirds.
It is 10:22pm right now.
I'd better get started before the break of dawn sets in.

EXOH.
Camilla

No comments: