"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

4.6.09

THESIXTH

I came home yesterday and as I passed the guards, the healing, comforting scent of fresh eucalypt and a mixture of the scents of wet grass and earth came my way. Welcoming as it may sound, I felt as if a stranger, as well as if coming home.
It doesn't rain anymore today; the sun shines brightly and the birds twit harmoniously, as if yesterday never happened. But the rain is still in the ocean, which is darker than usual, and still a bit restless.
There are hardly any people on the beach, but ok, it's a week day, so I guess that's pretty logical. I wish that on the next week day (Monday, not tomorrow, because tomorrow is a public holiday), I could get on a plane, right after seeing both my psychiatrist and neurologist.
It's almost Roel's graduation in Holland and I just wish I could be there, as a surprise.
I miss him so incredibly much, it's indescribable.
The best friend I've had through all sorts of situations and I hardly talk to him anymore.
Oh Roel, I love you so. Why won't you come take a visit and have a whif of the fresh eucalypt?
I miss you so.
C

No comments: