"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

4.6.09

THEFIRST

I find the confidential claims in diaries often rather pretentious and fake, to be honest.
Pretentious, because the parts in it are not that confidential; they are either not much of a big deal or already spread like a disease among "friends".
Fake, because when someone reads the words "Strictly confidential,- I'll eat you if I find out you've read any further than you've already done," they don't stop reading. On the contrary: confidential claims merely trigger the founder to continue reading.
Everyone knows that, so whenever they write the first page in a diary, they tend to sound witty and one step ahead of the reader. And forbidding.
But not me. You found this, so it's kind of normal (understandable, even) that you'll read some of what is in here.
The thing is that I'm very honest and, well.. I don't know if you're ready for the truth.

As soon as the truth gets inconvenient and ugly, people tend to lable it as a lie, but be careful..
I don't lie.
C

No comments: