"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

23.6.09

2NDAUDITION

My audition for The Urban Dance Festival was yesterday. It was very interesting, because the type of dance, is 'site specific dance', which means that it is contemporary in the way that it is based on a certain place where you dance. For example on a grass field or in between two walls. You get to think of all the movements yourself in this project and you choreograph the end piece yourself, which is absolutely awesome!
The audition itself was kind of like a workshop, because we were very free in what we did. It was based on the idea of evolving into candyfloss. The first 10 minutes we talked about the characteristics of candyfloss and then the director (Lindsay McAllister) would name certain characteristics and we would have to dance according to the word she'd have said (for example: light, sticky, sweet, melting, etc.).
After doing that, we had to choreograph our own dance, according to those characteristics. The time we got to do it, was about 10 minutes and it had to be 4 times 8 counts long. That's not very long, but it was hard to think of something that was strong, especially in comparison to some of the other dancers that were very innovative. In the end, I think I did pretty well, because my dance was pretty strong :)
After the individual dances, we had to pair up with 2 other people, so everybody would end up in a group of 3. The same assessment was given: choreograph 4 times 8 counts. It was super cool! The girls I danced with were very good and our choreography was very nice, if I may say so. Some of the choreographies were nice, but didn't work well, because the people didn't work well together and some of the others were kinda boring. I'm not saying we were the best, because we weren't. But I am quite happy with how we did. Especially with how I did overall.
Like I said before, I didn't expect to get a call back for just a dance based project, but I did anyway, so now I really want it! :)
The call back is between now and 2 weeks, so I'll be nervous every single time I open my inbox and see I have unread messages, but that's ok. It's all part of it. And besides.. I'll be busy dancing, singing and acting my ass off for the show of the 30th of June and then I'll be off to Holland, where I'll probably won't be able to check my e-mail all that often, because I don't have internet connection at home anymore and I'll be busy all the time anyway. Hopefully it'll all get my mind of it, haha.
I'm so nervous! Let's hope for the best!!

1 comment:

Seeker said...

Camilla!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desejo-te tudo de bom, quanto a esta audição!!!! Espero que as notícias sejam boas.

xoxo