"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

27.6.09

FRIEND

I have a friend.
His name is Harrison.
He lives all the way in Vancouver.
He used to go to South Island School, but left before I got there.
We met virtually, because of his amazing photography, and never stopped talking.
I've trusted him with everything.
Heart. Soul. My entire human being.

He's my friend.
He's in Hong Kong right now.
He's amazing- the perfect person for me to be friends with.
Except that I might ruin everything.
Or he.

He's my friend.
And by being here, I've only come more to the conclusion that what he holds is way more than just my heart, my soul and my being.
He holds the power to tear everything apart. He holds the power to destroy the little that's left of me.


And you know why?
Because he's my friend.
A real friend.

No comments: