"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

2.1.09

Rod & Belgium vegetables.

Christmas Eve was... Well, thank God it's over. We went to this fancy restaurant, where we had a 4-course meal, which was great! There were televisions all over the place, which was a bit dodgy, but the things that were shown on it, were pretty cool. It was Rod Stewart's Christmas Concert of O7 and it was pretty good, so you don't hear me complain about that.
We had some great turkey, with BELGIUM VEGETABLES!! Joy. (I don't get why they're called 'belgium vegetables', actually, because they're from Holland.. But ok.)
I don't want to get into details, whereas I actually did intend to get into all of the juicy details when I opened this window. Let's just get this to the core of the whole disaster:

My parents got drunk (especially my mom) and started dancing, while we were still sitting at the table. My mom grabbed my arm (I sat next to her) and she started to pull it and pull it and pull it some more. Everybody, but I mean everybody, was staring at us. I have never felt that embarrassed in my life, where the shame didn't relate to myself, but to somebody I was with. 

I don't get why my parents wanted me to come to Pattaya with them. My mother said that it'll most probably be the last Christmas that I'll spend with them, whereas I see it as one of the first Christmases that I'll be spending with them. When I move to the US to go to University (whatever Uni it may be), the only time I'll really be home, will be over Christmas. But that is what I expect. Who knows how things will turn out?


I have some New Year's resolutions (who doesn't). Most of them sound really cheesy, but if you actually know me and what has been going on for the past year in Hong Kong, you wouldn't think of it as cheesy, but as... Exactly describing the lack of self-being over 2OO8.


- Start writing again. I have spent way too much time whining about why I can't write anymore and I developed my entire theory on it, but let's face it, Camila,- that doesn't get us anywhere, does it?
- Study. And with 'Study' I mean actually being productive for once in my life. I need to get the best grades and have the best curriculum to get accepted at Sarah Lawrence University.
- Save money. Get my ass to work again and actually save the money I make. Last salary that I got was about 4000 hk$ and I only have 785$ left now. Where did it all go?! I have to start taking care of things and brining order into my FL (Financial Life), would be a great start.
- Stop being insecure about everything that I do and just.. Go for it. I miss that little grain of 'fuck it' in my life and I really want to introduce it to my life this year. Or at least try to..
- Suck up all the criticism I get and try not to take it personally. Be the best I can, basically.
- Safe skiing in Switzerland.
- Start the Debating Team at school and join Student United Nations! IMPORTANTISSIMO.
- Sleep enough (around 6 hours per night).
- Stick to a couple of close friends, not a lot of acquaintances.
- Stop talking about the past. Definitely stop talking about the past.
- Start focusing on the future (studying, housing, work, etc.).
- Success.


Of course, there are a lot more things that I want to do. Small things, big things.. But I have to start somewhere, don't I? I thought, I'd just make a small list to begin with (;

I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and that you got home safe. Hehehe.
Let's make this a good year!


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

succes met je goede voornemens, ik heb ze nu al verbroken - ik ben zo zwak (:
heee ik heb ook een blog, mijn 100000ste en 2e op blogspot maar ik hou het nu maar eventjes bij dees. weet dat ik je blog trouw lees (:
xxxx