"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

11.1.09

Coconuts and Rain.

I have decided to post some of my stories.
I'd love to get some feedback on them. Tell me what you like, tell me what you don't like.
Tell me what you want to read next.

Because I actually care.



COCONUTS AND RAIN:

"Baby, look at me. Who would have ever thought that we would be standing here together? I can't even believe it myself.. How many times did I not almost leave you? And how many times did you not almost leave me?? You cannot just forget all that. You cannot just abandon all the work we put into this. You cannot just.." Silence. I tried to stay breathing and keep my heart in my chest. It was as if it was pounding so hard, that it could come out any time soon. I took a deep breath and blinked a couple of tears away. I gulped the lump in my throat down. "You cannot just leave."

He looked at me. Silent tears were streaming down his face. "I'm sorry," he said. One tear dripped off his chin. "I'm so sorry."
And with those words, he turned around and started walking away. My glance followed his back and saw how he turned around and looked back one more time. One time only..

And that's when I let the tears stream down my face. My ears forgot how to hear and couldn't hear all the sobs my body let out, but I could feel my chest humping up and down like crazy. My knees forgot how to carry all of my body weight and so I sank into the floor. My head forgot how to think and there I lay: on the ground, half conscious/half unconscious,- my tears making ripples in the little pool underneath me. If it weren't for the weather, I would've thought it had all come out of my eyes..


I stopped crying and I just thought of everything that had happened.
What... How... It wasn't very productive.
..His hair has the scent of coconuts. He uses this special shampoo, you see. German shampoo. And it smells great. Always when I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do, is sniffing his hair for a bit and then get up to get him some juice. I don't even know whether he likes the juice or not, but he always drinks the glass down till the last drop, which must say something about him, I guess..


When the rain stopped, something inside me snapped. I think I woke up,- literally and figurally. I tried to get up. My head was filled with saw-dust and I couldn't think straight. I don't know for how long I've been crying on the floor there, but it couldn't be less than three hours and a half; except for the streetlamp, some couple of meters ahead, it was almost completely dark.
Whilst walking in the direction of where I supposed my bike should be, I saw him. With his back he leaned against a tree, his head hanging down; as if waiting for something,-
or someone.

And before I could even think of why he stood there and what was best for me to do, I started running. I don't believe I've ever run that fast before, but at least.. It was for a certain purpose. Him. I knew that if I really didn't want to lose him, I had to give it my everything. I had to show him I cared, that I wanted him back. And that I meant it, when I had promised him all those times, that I would never let go of him.
And so I ran and ran. And ran. Till I stood right in front of him. We stood in front of each other and looked each other right in the eye and after a moment or three, he hugged me. He pushed his chest against my chest and I felt his heart beating against mine. Or was it mine against his?


"Baby?" His grip softened, but didn't let go.
"Hmm?" I still wasn't really able to talk, as you lot most probably understand.
"I'm sorry," his voice broke and as I heard, I grabbed him and held him tight.
"I love you," it's ok, I whispered. "I love you."
And as I did so, I sniffed his hair. It didn't smell of coconuts, funny enough. It smelled of rain. It smelled of hair that had been in rain. For a long, long time.


no name


And that was when I knew I loved him.
And that we would be fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog is so sweet j'aime :-) music, writting your spirit beautiful words here !! :-)
xoxo

Mirthe said...

Dit vind ik één van je mooiste verhalen:) Fantastisch.


Maar, eventjes een opmerking over je muziekafspeeldingetje, ik vind dat het echt niet kan dat je Britney Spears in dezelfde afspeellijst zet als John Mayer Free Fallin';). Die is namelijk heilig, echt heilig. Ik vind het wel mooi dat ie erbij staat:)

xxxxxxxx