"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

14.1.09

Pride & Prejudice

Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously.... Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.


Can someone please make Jane Austen rise from the dead, because she would actually teach us stuff. Her words are incredibly inspiring. I have been doing English for 4.5 years now and even though I must say I suck at it, I am trying my hardest to become good at English.
The reason?
Seems pretty obvious to me.

Jane inspires me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU TOO make me want to be a better person! That's what I love about reading thoughts and stories about other people.. I can always relate to them and learn.
So I read you are learning english for 4.5 yrs? what's your mother language? oh and how many languages do you speak? sorry for all the questions but these things fascinate me. I'm learning english and spanish at uni! In fact I'm going there tomorrow to see my exam's marks.
x

Anonymous said...

JESUS! you're a machine! what the hell is flemish? :P wow I wish I had your pacience. I love languages. How come are you 18yrs old and you know so many languages already? that's remarkable. I go to Universidade Católica, do you know it? It's well known for it's economics degrees and stuff but I'm studying journalism! and what do you do?
x

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean.. but I miss High School. Now I know I felt "safe" there! lol yeah I think you would love journalism, with your imagination i'm sure you would be sucessful :)
well my lovely friend camilla, it's almost 7 a.m and I can't sleep, but i'll try. I see its almost 11 pm in hong kong, is that right? I want you in bed at midnight little girl !!! ahaha just like my mother used to say: "Xixi cama" :P
KISSES!!!