"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

11.1.09

My shiny new shoes.

Another story. Sorry, I think this is the most unproductive Sunday of my entire life. I have only been surfing the internet and I found a couple of my old stories. They make me want to write again.
What would you like to read?



MY SHINY NEW SHOES:

I grabbed her hand and hold it tight. Then I quickly looked down, to the ground underneath our feet. My shoes looked old and pretty dirty, but that's the way I like 'em best. Her shoes, however, were looking all shiny and new - they couldn't possibly fit her comfortably.

She pinched my hand and I looked up, to her tiny, beautiful face. I loved her - oh, how I loved that girl.
I smiled but then with a sob she began to cry.
'What's wrong?' I tried asking. 'What..' was what slipped off my lips.
It was probably the most scary moment in my entire life and I - I just didn't know what to do.

She told me the tears she was crying for me were like the tears God uses to cry for the weather. They're just necessary.
She kept smiling while the tears kept falling down from her gracious eyes - oceans of naked emotions. They rolled down, all the way down to her chin, as the waves washed upon the beach and got absorbed by the sand on my hand.
'I really love you, you know.'
-'I.. I do.' I pinched her hand.
'It's just..'
-'What? What is it?'
'I just don't wanna lose you. I would miss you too much.' Another sob.


I woke up next morning to find she'd already left.
And all she left behind, was a note on my desk -

To the most wonderful person I've ever met.

I was so scared of you - you can't even imagine. I was scared of calling you up, talking to you or doing anything with you, really. Oh, I was so scared. You and that horrible perfection of yours. Damn all of it.

The day you were gonna realise how perfect you are, was going to arrive soon anyway. And I just could not wait till that day.
So I'm sorry, but there was no other option left. I could not just wait till the day you were gonna leave me. I could not just.. Well, I couldn't. I'd rather leave myself, with a wonderful last memory of you, than just sit here and wait for you to do it.
I'd rather jump in front of a train with a magnific memory of us, still fresh on my mind - knowing all about our love.. Than jumping in front of that train, due to selfpity.

And now all we were and were not - is written in the clouds.


I loved you..
And I still do.
Forever
& ever more

Yours.



PS: I left you my shoes.
Please don't forget me.





I stood up and burnt the goddamn piece of paper.
I got on a train and with tsunamis gushing out of my eyes, I opened a window. And threw the ash away.
Now all we were and were not - is written in the clouds.


I won't ever forget you.





When I came home, I was exhausted. I went to my room immediately and fell on my bed - I was almost sleeping already.

But then I remembered - I had forgot something.
I looked around in my room and there they were - all shiny and new. She'd put a red ribbon on them and then settled them under my chair. As if they were never used and will never be used, either..
At a stretch I got on my feet and put the shoes on. I sat there, on the ground and I couldn't stop crying.
And that's how I fell asleep that day.
And the day after.

And the day after that.

No comments: