"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

9.1.09

Realise that that could have been you.

The wonderful Kate Moss.
To be honest.. I didn't like her at first, but the older I got, the more I could appreciate the pictures that had been taken by her and now I'm even waiting to see more of her, even though she's an "old" model now.
This woman, ladies and gentlemen, is not, I repeat: NOT, pretty. Or gorgeous. Or extraordinary. Or anything like that. No, this woman, in fact, looks like she could be our neighbour. She looks like the girl next door, like one of the female creatures that you see strutting through the ailes of supermarkets. But she is not only that. She is also a beakon of hope. Why? Hrm, let me tell you.
Even though there aren't many women that would actually admit this, I do. And I will. Here it is:
Kate Moss is a beakon of hope for all the average, every-day looking female beings in our society. She is nothing special, but she was spotted and became world's most talked off model! What does this have to do with hope? Women seek reasons to make themselves feel better. Of Kate Moss we can say that she is 'actually not all that pretty', but we still have to consider the fact that she is the queen of all top-models. She owns. She's the creme de la creme when it comes to modeling and this is a satisfying thought. "That could have been me," we can say to ourselves, when we look in the mirror and admit to that what we are seeing isn't too pretty but definitely not too ugly either. We can see models in ourselves. Kate Moss makes us believe in ourselves as models, women of whom we normally would think as extraordinarily good-looking creatures, and she does it by being what she is: an average-looking supermodel.
I have to admit that I love her for it.

Take a look at these and take a moment to realise that that could have been you.
You're most probably average-looking (maybe you're not, but I'm talking about the average person that reads blogs of strangers), but you could be all this.

And so much more..

You just have to take the time to realise.





3 comments:

FASHION CHALET said...

Kate is always so gorgeous! Greta post! :]

xxx

FASHION CHALET said...

Great*

FASHION CHALET said...

thank you :]
darling xxx