"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

1.2.09

Hardcore female-ish-ness.

Guess who's back!

Les parents are on a 'holiday' to Mumbai to see if they like it as a place to live. My dad got 3 job offers on 1 day to think about: one in Hong Kong (at the polytechnic university; to teach a master's degree in Facility Management)(whatever), one in Mumbai and one either in NYC, Shanghai or wherever else there's a big office in Asia, actually. My dad says he's quite interested in the job in Mumbai, so that's why they're there.
I'm quite bad at processing information in my family, as I'm last to know about most of the things, anyway.. But in this case it only confuses me whenever I get the information I'm asking for, so I decided to not ask my parents for information anymore. At least not too much. But who is it up to to decide when I'm getting too much information and when I'm getting too little so?
I'll just pretend not to know about any of this, because it will make me live for the moment more; it will have me enjoying HK more before I'm going to the US or wherever.


Yesterday, I got back from my school's ski-trip to Verbier in Switzerland. It was absolutely amazing. I was in the top 'set' of the people that did ski and it went well, but on the second day i twisted my ankle in a really retarded way; it didn't even hurt up until later that day! I couldn't properly stop anymore (wtf..) and I asked if I could go down a set or two and they put me in Ian's group. Ian was the nicest instructor around.
Then on the third last day, I heard that my good friend's father has passed away, but I didn't hear from HIM, I had to hear from his sister. That kind of hurt, because I'm rather close with the entire family, so I asked her why he didn't tell me. She said that she thought he hadn't told me yet, because I was having fun in Switzerland and he didn't want to spoil it for me. So I guess you can figure yourself that I was pretty devastated the last 2 days, especially because I didn't want to talk about it to anyone, but then on the second last day I started feeling worse and worse and I told Ian about it and he was really cool about it. He really made me feel better, as far as that is possible in a situation like this.
--------------------- 

All my love and support goes out to the family that has lost a very special man, whom we will all never forget. I'm sorry I can't be there with you, especially now. Hope to see you soon, though. Take care, I'm with you guys.

--------------------- 

Except for this, the holiday itself was great. We had a lot of snowfall before we started to go up the mountains ourselves to ski/snowboard and the days we were up there, we had a lot of sun. It was great skiing weather and even the supervisors/instructors were a lot of fun (most of them were my age or just a bit older). I really enjoyed it and was very lucky to be able to go.

This Wednesday, I'm meeting up with Billy. When we decided when to meet, I was feeling quite excited, because I quite missed him over the past week, but at the moment, I don't feel like seeing him anymore. I'm reading 3 books at the moment ('He's Just Not Into You' [helpful!!], 'Eclipse' [I hate Twilight, but I can't stop reading a series once I've started it, so I'm struggling my way through these series, blegh] and 'The Tenth Circle' [SO touching!!]. I was reading 'Jane Eyre' again, but stopped, because it took up too much of my time and I started reading 'The Sorrow Of War' for school, but I didn't get anything of it and it was SO boring, so that's kind of a project that's not going anywhere.. Should get started on that later tonight again, though!) and I must be insane if i actually allow myself to fall for Billy. And that's exactly what is going to happen. I am going to allow it to myself, I will fall and I will break.
Why is love scary? Why aren't there any movies about how scary love really is, with the main characters being realistic but heroic at the same time? Why can't we see real people, having real feelings, really overcoming all of it? Why?!


I just had gummy bears and I'm running on sugar now. Majorly jetlagged; got home at 9:30 last evening and fell asleep at 6:30 this morning (11:30pm, Swiss time). Don't know how the hell I'm going to be able to do my IOP this Wednesday, either. NO TIME.
I want kroketten. And frikandellen. And poffertjes. Oh my GOD, I would KILL for a huuge thingy of bread with a lot of kroketten and frikandellen in it. And then have poffertjes for dessert. And then as a midnight-snack, I'd love to have like 3 burgers with everything on them and 7 of those boxes with chicken nuggets in them. And I'm not talking about those crap boxes with only 6 in them. I'm talking about the big ones.


This is the right moment to admit that I had too much sugar and too little savoury- I really should eat something solid right now; I feel a bit wuzzly again. Not good.
Let's watch a movie! Last night I watched Cold Mountain over again and I think I might just watch it yet another time (:
And then Bridget Jones. And then Bridget Jones 2.
Because that is what I am in desperate need of right now.
Some hardcore female-ish-ness.
Might try to fit in The Titanic as well. Let's see where time brings us.


Ohhh, one question: shall I write a third part to Juggling Coke Bottles and The Park, or shall I leave it as it is and start something new? We all know that February is a short month, so I need some ideas/requests shortly!!


To wrap up: my favourite song from the movie Cold Mountain,- I Wish My Baby Was Born:



Love you guys.

3 comments:

Strawberry Fields said...

glad you are back safely! i am very sorry but ian sounds lovely! i love twilight, you are the first person i have come across who doesnt. my goodness xxx

Eduardo Palandi said...

não há pessoas reais com sentimentos reais nos filmes porque eles são uma fuga da realidade, Camilla. vamos assisti-los porque queremos algo diferente de nossas vidas... mas mesmo assim, creio que os sentimentos ali são parecidos, e a grande diferença é quanto ao timing, já que na vida real os relacionamentos amorosos não se resolvem em duas horas :)

Anonymous said...

3th part of course!