"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

5.2.09

I forgot the sound of the voice

Today I had English and I got my grade from Wednesday's Failure (remember the capital letter? I do.) back.
Am I embarrassed? Yes.
Do I want to share this with you? No.
I just thought it would be fair enough, considering the fact that I share everything on here.

I got a level 4. 7 being the highest, 1 the lowest (or 0 if you don't show up) and 4 the average at the end of the IB course.
For my mock presentation, I did the same thing and I got a low level 7 (ah-mazing!!) and I was predicted full marks for this presentation. Instead, I got a level 4.

Level 4.

I can't believe it.
I could hardly look at my teacher,- I'm so ashamed of myself.
I look like death warmed up at the moment, because I've slept 4 hours in total over the past 6 days, but to keep that aside: whenever my English teacher threw a glance in my direction, he looked as if he was in agony.


I've got a sting in my chest and I think that there are only two things that can take this off my mind right now:
1. Tim Brown; if only we'd still talk....
2. Lord of the Rings; thank God I do have those so I can at least do a marathon.


This made me realise how I forgot the sound of Tim's voice.
And now it's not only my chest that's stinging.. Behind my eyes, the salty tears are threatening my eyes and slowly, my sense of sight is starting to blur.

I'd better close them for a bit.

No comments: