"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

14.2.09

VD.

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hate this day of the year. Last year, my boyfriend broke up with me on Valentine's Day and this year, there are 7 different people in my life. It is not fair how at the times you are not loved, you just need someone to talk to; and at the times you are loved, you cannot handle the love you are receiving. Last night I went out and I was supposed to meet Ailynn at Balalaika's, but she didn't pick up her phone and by the time I got there, she had already left. I bought her 2 roses, a red one and a pink one. I wanted to kiss her. I had missed her. Instead, I had a one-off with a guy at about 5 in the morning. It was one of my best nights ever, even though I cried in front of 2 people. They were genuine about it and they made me feel so much better about myself... I'm scared of how people can comfort me; it makes me feel so dependant.
My virtue is that I know how to love people and show them that I do. When I love a person, I will not stop until I am sure that he or she knows about my love and believes in it. I will not stop until I am sure they know that it is real in every possible way it can be real and that they believe it. I will not stop.
I just do not know how to receive love..


And Valentine's Day makes me realise this. Every year, the 14th of February is a punch in the face, when it comes to reality.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time to get over it and leave the past behind..

Anonymous said...

Hihi ja ik kan gewoon nederlands.
Ik ben naar het engels over gegaan om wat meer bezoekers te trekken. Toen werdt het een gewoonte om engels te commenten:P

te gek die bril maar als het een echte rayban is kost dat wel wat duiten?
Ik ga morgen naar amsterdam als ik dan niet zoiets zie dan ga ik zeker bij je aan de bel trekken:D Hoeveel zou het ongeveer kosten als je me er een stuurt? Als je in de buurt woont kom ik hem misschien wel ophalen weet ik ook of hij past of niet, hihi.

Welke bril bedoel je? er zijn er zoveel te zien op mn blog:P De librarian bril is van een rommelmarkt 20 cent en die pikzwarte was van de c&a. Ik ben een cheep shopper. liever veel en goedkoop :p

Het is zeker leuk als mensen je blog bezoeken! Sprak laatst met een meisje uit amerika geloof ik, blijkt het dat ze mn blog al iets van 5 maanden volgd!

With love Jessi

Burnt Toast said...

HIya :) how did you include the 'more of this' and 'less of this' buttons at the end of your blog? Thanks, Emma x x x

Anonymous said...

Wahha ja ik kom hem wel ophalen is helemaal niet ver uhum. I verwachtte niet dat je in Hong Kong zou wonen:)

Amsterdam was geen succes. zag er wel een maar die was veel te groot..

7 euro valt erg mee! en 1 euro verzendkosten al helemaal!

De jouwe heeft een beetje turtel print toch? Is het een hele opvallende turtel of valt het wel mee. Is niet goed aan de foto te zien... Als het niet zo'n opvallende is wil ik hem wel graag hebben:D Ik hoop dan wel dat ie me zal passen... anders verkoop ik hem wel weer:)

With love Jessi

yiqin; said...

So sorry to hear that. But a good one will def come!!! :D

Strawberry Fields said...

time will heal any wound! hope you are feeling better

i have given you an award honey! enjoy =D xxx