"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

4.2.09

Along on the Failboat. With a big, fat F.

So last night was the 4th night I've gone through without sleep. At 6:30 I decided to go to bed for a really short while and I fell asleep after 5min (approx.). Then I woke up at 9:10.
Woops..

Got late to school, so did my sister.

Started freaking out about my IOP (Individual Oral Presentation) and by the time it was lunch time, it had me crying in the IB Center.

Then I did my IOP and oh-my-god.. It was even worse than I expected. I didn't start crying though, which was good. But as soon as I sat down on my chair and the people that were listening could start thinking of a question to ask me, I started crying. It was so hard not to just sob away, but Katie was a dear to me and she wrote on a note: "Don't worry. It's only 15 minutes. It's only IOP. It doesn't matter." She put it back down, drew something on it and held the piece of paper up again. It was a heart.

Finally doing/having done the IOP made me realise something. It made me realise how much I need a fantastic enough grade, especially for the subject English, to get into Sarah Lawrence. They don't look at SAT Scores, no matter what you've scored; instead, they look at your essays and if those are incredibly good (and with incredibly, I mean
incredibly), they consider going through your resume. My resume is going to be quite one, I'm afraid; I've done so many things that I can list up there. Especially the language-thing might be appealing to them, not to mention the publisher back in Holland (considering the fact that they are so keen on writing and, therefore, writers). I'm so nervous already.. It's insane. It doesn't really help that that uni is so tiny (only 1200 students!!!), because it only makes the selection process tighter.
Well ok. Anyway. It's not like I didn't know the standards were high or anything. But still.

I knew I was going to fail it. I knew it.
I already started crying at lunch time, whereas my presentation was at the end of the last period.

I'm so embarrassed.
There goes the education.

2 comments:

DMF said...

Aqui vai um conselho: o melhor é ter um plano de estudos diário e NUNCA o abandonar. Marcar objectivos diários, não ceder a nada sem os cumprir. Isto faz bem à vontade (porque a fortalece) e faz bem à inteligência (porque a exercita). Ninguém é bom só porque sim. Só se é bom com IMENSO trabalho, que se faz sempre melhor se for CONSTANTE. Experimenta, ok? Terás mais paz, de certeza.

Strawberry Fields said...

oh camila! you are obviously a very clever person and they cant hold one mistake against you. your teachers will know that you always try your best and everyone has errors in their school career. just keep smiling and it will all be better!

as for it being embarassing, you can't beat me fainting at a story, yes a story, in english. that was such a bad day...

christian bale is like a total babe. i use that word far too much =S xxx