"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

1.2.09

Be realistic, puh-lease!

I have always been bugging you with my stories, randomnesses and stupid worries about life. A short while back, I decided to write more on fashion, clothes and other stuff that makes people happy (how original!). I'd like to keep things realistic, though:

-Designer stuff is incredibly expensive (unless you live in Hong Kong and go to Pedder Street; Pedder Building; there is a nameless shop there with real Marc's and Giordano's and Dolce's, etc. etc. For only 800 hk$ a piece, if you're lucky! They just cut the labels, so they don't have to pay the taxes themselves, so it's way cheaper if you buy something there! Sometimes the tags are still on the pieces they sell, but they're just a bit ruffled or something.. Go for it!!).

-Most of the stuff that is being displayed in pictures and magazines and on sites all over the web, is just not wearable. Why do people keep forgetting that we are laughing about the shoulder-pads right now, but that we do want to be seen with Uggs on our feet? In a couple of years from now, we will be laughing at both the shoulder-pads and the Uggs. Now, I won't be a hypocrite: I own a pair of Uggs. But at least I do so for the right reasons: they are comfy and warm. This is what they are meant to be,- comfy, warm. Not trendy. Pisses me off to see how people are veggies and still wear shoes with leather soles or.. UGGS. That's right. They do exist! I was shocked myself when I found out, but I'm slowly getting over it. Ladies.. What are you thinking? Uggs are uggly; get over it. Grow up and stick to your morals. (Don't get me started on the 'androgyne look' or the 'I just fell with my face on the pavement and now it looks like I come from Mars-look'.)

I won't bore you any longer with any of this. I think I've made my point. There are lots of other ways to look at things and there's no doubt about it that I shall make various more points in a later stage of my blogging-life, but not now. You need a break too (:

Let's do something fun, but still realistic!
I already gave you the website for Dress Like Gossip Girl (AHHHH!!!!)(loving it? Hating it? Let me know!), and here are two others that I just can't keep to myself any longer (better than eBay, I reckon).
Loving it? I certainly am! Pictures of outfits coming up soon again; hopefully a couple of Verbier-ones as well!


On this website, you upload pictures of whatever you want to get rid of and you give a small description of it, too. At one point, someone will get interested in your stuff (or you will get interested in someone else's stuff) and you'll swap things! Unwanted Christmas presents, unopened dvd-boxes, purses, shoes, clothes, picnic baskets, you name it!
It's quite fun to get a package from the mail man; you should really try it!


Here you do the same thing, but it's basically a website where you can get rid of frustration as well. You know how when you break up, you still have some of his presents (or maybe the prick never gave you anything in the first place, but that's a different case) and it's too painful to give it back and/or to keep it? Well, if you don't know what that feels like, let me tell you something: it sucks. Big, big understatement right there. It sucks really badly. This website is the place to be when you want to get rid of the stuff he gave you or maybe even things you were planning on giving to him! Nobody has to know who you are, but you still get your dose of therapy by getting rid of some unnecessarily painful memories. You're gorgeous, girl! Know what you're worth!


I do not need to say anything more. Just click on the link and start gazing. And in case you got lost: Lomography Shop. One more so I can call it a day and finally go to bed (it's 4:30am and I have school in 3.5 hours),- the link to the website if you're looking for the 'shop' contents nearby you: select your country here. Have fun!


2 comments:

FASHION CHALET said...

I remember when I was crazy for bracelets too. now, it's rings. I luckily have tons of old rings saved too and bracelets. I would give anything for one of MK's rings! xxxx

FASHION CHALET said...

I always have to re-size my rings as well :[