"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

3.11.09

FRIDAYTHE13TH

The dark holes of depression should not lead the attention to 'dark', but to 'holes'. One can be severely depressed, but manic. It basically means they are climbing their way out of the hole and they're completely hyper at random points, and excessively (seemingly) 'happy'. People who only notice this, think the person is weird.
People who also notice the falling back into the hole, should probably notice in addition that there is probably a reason for the manic's person's behaviour. Falling hurts, so why wouldn't climbing back up? It might be the scariest thing in the world for them.
The fact that someone doesn't hurt him- or herself, does not mean they don't want to. I still write journal entries in my small journal whenever I feel I might lose myself for a second and in rage towards myself do it. The spiral you get into whenever you hurt yourself, is always present in your life. You're just not always in it. It doesn't mean you don't think about it. Sometimes the spiral is so close to you, you could easily reach it if you wanted to, and the problem is..You do want to at times. The trick is to turn around and walk in the opposite directing, which is what I always do (hardly ever anymore, because I hardly ever want to hurt myself :) ); at least when I'm writing about it, I'm not doing it. Right? Right.
Oh, on the same note, before I forget, Friday the 13th it's To Write Love On Her Arms-day. If you do not know what the organisation To Write Love On Her Arms means or stands for, take a look on Google, YouTube, anything really. It's basically a non-profit organisation that supports people who are coping with depression icw self-harm and thoughts of suicide. By writing Love on your wrist or your entire arm, you show your support for those people.

Learn to recognise depression on a mile's distance. It's oh so important..
Ask yourself why you don't like someone. Is it because he's weird? Is it because she just doesn't behave like anyone else you know and you don't know what to think of it?
Think again. It might be because of what I just told you.

Take a stand against self-harm and depression and show your support.
Not only on the 13th of November, but every day of your life.

You only have one life. So do others.

No comments: