"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

7.4.09

MANIPULATIONPROCRASTINATION

What is your current obsession? The Beatles, latex leggings, photography and sheesha (strawberry!).
What is your weirdest obsession?
At the moment, the SAT practice tests. I hate the concept of SAT tests, because they're just ridiculous and totally irrelevant, in my opinion. However, every time I do a practice test, I can't wait to turn the page and take another one.. I don't even know why!
What are you wearing today?
Neon blue leggings, dark/black-ish Sweeney Todd vintage T-shirt and open black shoes :)

Why is today special?
My sister and mother came back from Holland!! I'm particularly happy with my little sister being back; I missed her so incredibly much!! It is also special, because I actually got to be productive and got some work dome (I read and annotated Shakespeare's 'Othello').
What would you like to learn to do? I would LOVE to learn how to make chocolate souffles!
What’s the last thing you bought?
A top, a necklace and two leggings (latex black and neon blue) at the shop 'In Fashion'.
What are you listening to right now?
One Year Of Love, by Stevie Ann.
What is your favorite weather?
VERY cold, but with the sun shining and snow the now and then (big snow flocks, not that pathetic drizzle-snow) or 35 degrees (non-tropical climat though!) in full sunlight and a faint breeze.

What is on your bedside table? I don't have a bedside table. If you'd know what my room looks like, you'd understand: it's just another thing to clean and another thing I can bump into, haha! I keep everything on my bed (I have a king-sized bed, so it fits, don't worry). A few of the things that are on it right now are: the Princeton Review for SATs, photo camera, long underwear (shut up, it's comfy!!), some clothes (white blouse, black jacket, green top/short dress, black latex leggings, black halter top, 2 bras and my sweater from the Switzerland ski-trip), my notebook, the book 'Othello', the book 'Eclipse' (didn't like that, AT ALL), an umbrella, my 2 super thick Philosophy books, contact lens fluid, laptop, cell phone, some necklaces, my French book, the book 'Max Havelaar' by Multatuli, the book 'Like The River Flows' by Paolo Coelho and some more things. I am perfectly aware that the combination of earlier named things is completely random and doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but as you most probably understand... I don't care :)
What is your most challenging goal right now? Deciding where to apply to for universities. My shortlist has changed since the last time I told you what it was, no major changes, but changes nonetheless. Another challenging goal for me at the moment, is not to spend too much money; it's the holidays now (2 weeks!) and I've been going out quite a few times- the money has been flowing like water. How am I supposed to save money?! Ohh, another challenge is GETTING MY IB DIPLOMA!! I'm probably getting another job (I seem crazy :S) which I will earn +/- 10,000hk$ a month with! It's a job as a saleswoman and it's something I'd be good at, but I don't know if I'd still be that good if I'm dead all the time, because of school work. I don't know if I'd still be good doing stuff for school, either. Wah. God help me manage my time carefully!!
Who is your favorite designer?
Versace and Pierre Balmain. Chanel has some beautiful things too and the
ChloƩ bags are just the best!!
What would you like to have in your hands right now?
Either a cheque with tonnes of money on it FOR ME or an all-around-the-world ticket. Or my admission letter to Sarah Lawrence. All 3 at the same time would be win, too.

What would you like to get rid of? I really really want to get rid of my busy schedule; I never have the time to do what I really like, except when I go out, considering I never really do anything during late evenings, nights and early mornings. On the other hand, I love how I always have stuff to do, because I don't have the patience to be bored and this prevents me from reaching that stage. I would like to get rid of my heart so it can't be broken anymore, as well. That would be nice.
If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Lisbon, Rome, Hong Kong or New York. I would like tiny apartments all over the globe when I'm older. I'm a diehard globe-trotter :)
Which language do you want to learn?
I'm trying to learn Cantonese (hardest Chinese dialect), but am not really making that much progress.. It's hard to learn a language like that in just 2 years, so I'm more doing it for fun (and just speaking, no writing or reading!). The coming school year I want to take on a course of Italian and Farsi (Arabic). Absolutely wonderful languages..

What did you dream of last night? I slept for 3.5 hours and woke up tired, so I don't remember :(
What's in your bag?
I have 7 bags and I use all of them (+2 bags I always steal off my mom), so I don't know which one to pick to turn inside out for you guys. Well, actually, there are some basic essentials I always carry around with me, no matter how small/big the bag is: cell phone (yes, I have one now! Can't resist the trends any longer, can I?), cash/creditcards (not always a wallet, because it's too big for certain purses), lavender lip balm and keys. At first I always had a condom in it too, but I lost it on a night out..
What's your favorite color? I don't have a favourite colour; it all depends on the mood I'm in. But somehow the colours navy, soft+warm orange and sea green always make me feel at ease.. And you can't miss with black!
What is your dream job? Musical theatre performer; can't resist the stage!!! I love acting, singing and dancing and would LOVE to make it my job when I'm older!! Maybe a translator/interpretor for the UN or in court, those would be very interesting.. A job that would require me to do some writing, would be cool too, but I'm afraid I can't just 'call on' for inspiration. I write a lot at times I don't actually have the time to write. Then when I am asked to write something, I can hardly stick to a deadline because my work is never good enough. Might be a disadvantage, ha. But it would still be really cool to write, maybe be a writer or co-writer. Maybe even editor of a magazine. I don't know yet. All I know, is that I would never EVER be able to be a housewife. It's passive, non-versatile and boring.
What are your plans for this summer? I'm going to the US to go uni-hopping! Can't wait!! I might go to Portugal afterwards, but I don't think that that's very realistic, considering I'm not only going uni-hopping but also going to do a writing and a musical theatre course which will take up most of my time (and basically, all of the money).
What is your favorite magazine?
Nylon and Lula.
Who is your style-icon?
Lou Doillon. Fo'shizz.
Describe your ideal man.
My ideal PERSON is someone who is not afraid of feeling things, because I am afraid to feel emotions (any emotion) and by being with someone who is not afraid, I might let go of those scary feelings. Someone who is realistic and does not assume their true love will come along without any flaws. Someone who will be there for me when I need them, someone who will be able to allow me to be there for them whenever it is that they need me. Someone who will love me and is able to let me love them, being just who we are.

2 comments:

Marc said...

And someone you can sit NEXT to on the couch ? ;)

Mirthe said...

Echt prachtige antwoorden Camilla:)
xxxxxxxxxx