"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

16.12.08

Yummy stuff! & I'M NOT EMO!!!!

Oh Lord. It is almost Christmas!
Normally, I don't particularly look forward to Christmas or the Christmas holidays. The only thing I do look forward to, is being with my (Portuguese) family,- the people I hardly see.
Well, this year....I'm not seeing them either, except for my grandparents, who have been staying with us for 3 months till now. They're staying another month and then they're going back to Portugal. I'll miss them, especially my grandmother.
Oh dear.. Christmas.
I never thought it would be possible: looking forward to Christmas in Hong Kong. It's just so cute, how all the lights are out and it just feels.... Cosy. It is so nice to finally feel home.
Too bad it won't snow, though.

I know I won't get any of these things, but it isn't as if a girl can't dream, right?
Bags, bags, bags.
I'm addicted. Dhugfsg.

Chloe and Marc Jacobs
Alexander McQueen (Elvie patent leather tote)
Marc by Marc Jacobs (Faridah shoulder bag)
Jimmy Choo (tube mirror clutch)
Jimmy Choo (tube patent clutch)
Celine (satine box clutch)Michael Kors (sutton patent clutch)
Anya Hindmarch (piano python clutch)
Hmmm. Yummy!!
I can't wait till I start working again (WHICH IS ONLY IN FEBRUARY!!!)(hmpfh), so I get more money, so I get new bags and clothes and (yes, I do believe that that comes along)(at least for a bit) happiness. Not all happiness can be bought, but money sure helps. At least I don't have to ask for things and I can pay for my things myself. I feel less guilty than I would if you would ask my parents for money.

This whole week is Dress Differently Week, by the way. Every day, we have a different 'theme' and we're supposed to dress up to it. Monday was 'Dreamjob', Tuesday was 'Favourite Character/Own Superhero with Own Superpower', Today it is 'High School Stereotypes', Thursday it is 'Twins, Triplets, Groups' and Friday it is 'Christmas'.
On Monday and Tuesday, I didn't dress up. Except for the camera-necklace I wore on Monday, with a really fashionably-over-the-top-for-school outfit: I claimed to be a fashion photographer. 'Yay'!
Today, however, I did something completely different. High School stereotypes is a pretty cool theme and so I decided to make work of it. I went to school as a 'Scene Girl'. Scene kids are totally 'it' in the UK nowadays,- Scene Kids are basically emo, but they say they're not. The clothes that Scene Kids wear, are almost exactly the same (except that they don't ONLY wear black, but they neutralise it with for example khaki and/or brown-ish) and they wear terrible eye-makeup, just like emos. So except for the khaki/brown colours, the only thing that basically divides the Scene Kids from the emos, is the shouting of 'I am not emo, I am not emo, I am NOT emo!' [etc.]
Here are some pictures I took in the morning, just before going to school:

Remember! I am NOT emo!!

Love,
-Camilla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what... I actually think this looks great on you! If it was me, I would look like a homeless or crazy person. but you are really BAD ASS! ahah