"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

1.7.10

DONTPICKUP.PICKUP!

'What did she say?'
-She said she probably trusts you too much.
'And what did you say?'
-I said she probably did.
'What the..'
-Look, I'm her friend. But I'm also yours. So I said it didn't matter. People trust each other too much these days. I've never seen a love like yours.
'You didn't.'
-Oh, but I did.
'And what did she reply?'
-She ordered another drink.
'And?'
-And got drunk and when home with some guys.
'What the..'
-Look, I told you this before, but I'll tell you again, I'm your friend, but I'm also hers.. She well knows that girls go home with you. Now you know she does the same, except with guys.
'And the fact that I do the same, makes it alright, does it?'
-A little, yes. Hey, I'm only saying that you guys seem to want the same thing. And that's fun. IF you continue going like this, you'll only have... Well, fun. If you want her, you have to accept her and her past. She's ready for you, she's just waiting for you to make a move. Why not do it now?
'Ok.'
I picked up the phone and gave it to him. He trembled a little when he took it from me. Then, he dialed.
'Hey.. It's me again. Can you please call me? It's urgent,' he said, and he hung up.
-That was it?
'What do you mean?'
-I told you she's waiting for you to make a move. Not for you to put the move in her shoes.
'Fine. Watch this.'
He picked up the phone again and pressed the call button.
'Look, I kn ow you're listening. Just hear me out, okay? ... Erm, well. There's no words for this. Except: I want you. I want you, all of you. For me. I want this, whatever it is, to happen. I want US to happen. I'm ready for you, I just hope you're ready as well. And if you aren't... I'll wait. I'll wait to make you mine. Please pick up the..' [...] 'What?'
-What?
'..She hung up on me.'
-What did she say?
'..She just.. Hung up.'
-Yes, but what did she say?
'..She said she loves me.'
I laughed. -See?
I got a text and looked to my left. I giggled a little.
'What now?'
-See?
I pointed outside.
'What the..'
-Look, I'm out of here. I'll be right next door if you need me. Good luck.
I went outside and there she was: my friend Lydia. My friend who actually went home with me and no guys. I gave her a kiss.
-Good luck, I said. I smiled and walked away.

Sometimes people just need a step in the right direction.

No comments: