"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

9.7.10

EVERYTIMEHESMILES.

There are those little things we love in life. Clean bathrooms, babies, the cherry on top of the whip cream, watching our lovers comb their hair. And watch them smile.
Have you ever watched the horizon right after the sun has set? It reminds me of what his eyes look like when that same sun shines upon his lovely face. He smiles and the world opens up. He smiles and his book opens up,- he tells me stories. He smiles and he makes me smile.
There is a little part between his teeth that´s open,- it makes me want to giggle everytime I see it. Everytime he smiles.
I don´t know what it is that hits me everytime he smiles, but something does.
It´s not love, it´s deeper than that.
I know I fuck up time and time again, but one day I´ll make him mine. I will be right up there in his league, or he will be right down here in mine. I know this, because his smile tells me that whatever happens, he will be there, and won´t let me go.
It´s the wrinkles in the skin around his eyes that tell me that.
Everytime he smiles.

No comments: