"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

9.7.10

HOLDINGHANDS.

´What´s the problem with you and Mickael, lately?´ Medin asks me.
´You see, Medin, there are things I know, about Mickael, about us. And those things make me not know how to act when I´m with him. His eyes tell me too much,- when he looks me in the eye, I see everything. I see so many things, every time, and the more I see, the more I know. And the more I k n ow, the less I kn ow how to handle him,- the less I know what to do,´ I say, and I feel tears of desperation well up in my eyes. ´It makes me furious!´ I exclamate.
Medin says: ´That would make anyone furious. But tell me; what is it that you read in his eyes?´
´So many things,´ I cry. ´Like how he feels fragile when someone holds his hand. That´s why he hates it. That´s why I don´t do it. And I don´t know what else to do!´
´Hmm..´ Medin is silent in thought for a while, but then asks: ´What does your heart tell you you should do?´
I snif. ´That I should be with him.´
´And..?´
´And that I should hold his hand and tell him never to be scared again,´ I answer.
´Voici,´ Medin says.

No comments: