"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

20.10.08

Rave it up!

These are the pictures of a photoshoot I have done in Holland. The shoot took place around a year ago, in the heart of a cold Amsterdam. The model's name is Anne de Jong and as far as I know, she is not a professional model. She told me she liked to do some modelling 'just for fun', but she didn't want to appear in magazines and on bilboards. I told her she should live undercover then, because she's really pretty and her photos are magnificent, as you can see down here. The pictures were taken for a school project that had to do something with the 8O's. As 8O's were all about COLOURS and NEW RAVE and PUNK, I decided to make pictures in the style of a cd-cover/lyrics booklet. Let me know what you think, I could always use some (constructive!) criticism!

The art you see in the back was made by Anne and me for another school project that we had to do before this one.
Nerd-glasses: Amsterdam Flea-market. T-shirt: Wibra. Necklace: made by me. Legging: Amsterdam Waterloop Plein. Shoes: nameless vintage shop in Amsterdam.

T-shirt: made by Anne. Legging: Portuguese market. Shoes: nameless vintage shop in Amsterdam (although the shoes themselves don't look vintage, they were second hand).

The couch was bought in a second/third/fourth/etc. hand shop in the village we lived in. We bought it together for about 35 euros and after the shoot, I paid Anne her amount in money back and I donated the sofa to my dance academy, because I knew they needed a new one for in the teacher's room.

Again, we made the 'art'.

Necklace: Bershka.

She was actually not naked here, only topless. The painting was made especially for this ocassion, so be thankful!

Ring: Amsterdam Waterloop Plein. Scarf: nameless vintage shop in Amsterdam. T-shirt: made by Anne. Bubbles: Wibra.

Glasses: Hong Kong Stanley market. Hat/cap/whatever: my grandmother's. Tube-top: Fornarina.

Just before going out. I wouldn't know where she got this T-shirt from, actually. I want to have it!! Haha.

T-shirt: Didi. Gilet: Mango. Scarf: Amsterdam Waterloop Plein. Jeans: I believe G-Star.Shoes: K.Swiss limited edition.

3 comments:

la petite mademoiselle said...

oh I really like the pictures! you have done it very well! are some paintings from gabygaby art? it looks like gabygaby art! &I love amterdam:D

la petite mademoiselle said...

dankjewel! hihi je betn gewoon nederlands! ik vind de fotos niet super, snel gemaakt toen we uit de sportschool kwamen:P

Mirthe said...

Camilla! Wat leuk dat je ook een blog hebt:) En je volgt me al, wat leuk! How's Hong Kong? Zwem je veel in je heerlijke zwembadje? Is het daar nog steeds zo lekker warm? Ik ga jouw blog ook volgen. Super fantastische foto's! xxxxxx