"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

28.5.09

NEVERDOUBTILOVE

Doubt thou the stars are fire;

doubt that the sun doth move;

doubt truth to be a liar;

but never doubt I love.

O dear Ophelia,

I have not art to reckon my groans;

but that I love thee best,

o most best...

Believe it. Adieu.



It was a quote from Hamlet in the eighth episode in the second season of Joan of Arcadia, after the character named Judith died, due to a stabbing attack. He was in love with her and she made the deal with him that if he knew all of Hamlet off by heart, she would go on a date with him. She considered it to be more of a joke, a goof, but he took it seriously, because he really liked her. After she died, he recites this bit of Hamlet, which proves that he knew the entire play, completely off by heart, just for her.

Bring in the kleenex.

2 comments:

Athena. said...

Oh wow.
You're blogs lovely :)
We're starting to read Macbeth in English at the moment,
and I think next is Hamlet :)
Have a lovely day!
x

Susana Rodrigues said...

wow beautiful :)
xoxo
Su