"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

25.9.08

World disaster # 827492016

So today I found out one of the most terrifying, disgusting things in my entire life.
I have lice.

WHY.
WHY do I have to have lice??!
What did I do that I deserve to have lice?
Don't they understand that I can't afford lice?
I have a status in school (no, seriously, I do). I'm supposed to look good and well taken care of. I'm supposed to smell good and to have a nice hair-do and I always have to have nice clothes on.
I can't afford to be seen with lice, I simply can't.
If someone finds out, everyone will know (and this is not me being dramatic,- this is reality. For every person that knows, there are two others who get the information whispered in their ears. Each of those two tell another two and so on and so on till total social destruction is not merely an option anymore). It's not that I really care what people think or say about me. I mean, of course I care till some certain extent, but that's nothing but logical. What I do care about is the fact that people don't remember that lice don't only jump on dirty people. On the contrary, they jump on the cleanest people with the sweetest blood.
Actually, they jump on anything, but okay.

And okay, if, for some strange unexplainable reason, I must get terrorised by lice, then why now? My grandparents from Portugal are staying with us and they are staying in my room, because it's the nicest one, with the biggest closet and the nicest mirror in it.
I have to share a bed with my sister and I don't want to pass the lice on to her! What am I to do? Sleep on the floor? I won't get any sleep and that will only make my mood and my health conditions worse (I've been sick for almost a week now and I cannot say that I feel much better).

Oh my god, I seem like some god-forgotten spoilt little bitch right now. I know, I know. I'm sorry. But I'm just really shocked.
I was washing my hair just now and I started hyperventilating by the look of the little insects that came off of my head. I turned my head upside down and started scratching so much that the lice got stuck under my nails and when I saw that, I started sobbing even worse.
The feeling that there are coming insects out of your head, is indescribable. I already felt noxious and I had terrible stomach cramps and a mind-blowing head ache, but this blew everything away. I felt like I was going to choke and I didn't dare do it with my own hands anymore. I got a comb, turned my head upside down over the bathtub again and I started brushing like a maniac.
When I opened my eyes and I wiped the tears out of my eyes, I saw little, black, crawling thingies in the bathtub. Lice. Isn't that just nice?


And you know what's just peachy?!
I have a LOT of hair. And with a LOT, I mean A LOTTT of hair.
So I might have to cut hell a lot off so all the lice and all the lice-eggs can get combed out with one of those minusculair combs.
My hair is actually one of those few things I sometimes truly like about my appearance. It's fluffy and big and it took a lot of time and love to get it the way it is right now. I don't want some stupid lice to ruin that!!! :(


You know what I think? I think this is all a fucking joke.
Somebody emptied a jar of bugs above my head this night while I was sleeping and now I seem to have lice, but tomorrow it will be all over.

Sure it will.

No comments: