"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

10.3.11

IM.

Because you’re the rock my waves crash upon

Branded by Past,
Crafted by Personality;
Worlds apart,
Put in the same room.

Heels versus snake bites,
Impulse versus logic;
Worlds apart;
Yet hearts intertwined.

I’ve heard it said,
‘Best friends 24/7 brings the Devil to Heaven;’
But we, we are not friends, we are roommates,
We, we are not just roommates, we are Friends.

Not the one, nor the other,
We, we are both - at the same time;
Bringing a non-existent god to life,
Bringing our God into our Hell.

Laughing Jinxing,
Consoling Crying;
Both praying to our God in our Hell,
For tomorrow to come soon and bring clean toilet paper.

Branded by Past,
Crafted by what-yet-to-Come;
Worlds apart,
Put in the same room again.

Flip-flops during winter,
Versus unused bed sheets;
Worlds apart,
Yet our Hearts intertwined.

No comments: