"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)

9.6.09

ITINERARY

Hello dear lovebirds,

So what's up in this dazzling mind of mine?
Not much but smashing vases against the walls in my mind.

So let's try to outline the situation here.

Y'all know that I am back in the game with musical theatre. I put most of my free time in it and considering I'm not going to school anymore this season, that is most of the time I have. I'm always singing, practicing steps, learning monologues off by heart, etc. I try to do whatever it is that I can do, as long as it is benificial for my career later, I am committed as all hell to it.
There is a showcase in HK on the 30th of June. Then there are various performances in Macau (yes, we're touring!). The showcase in HK does include me, but not as lead character. For the Macau showcase, however, I was selected for female lead: I was chosen to play Sandy. Yes, as in 'Sandy from Grease'. Isn't that fan-fucking-tastic?!
BUT. (Of course there is a BUT)
BUT, my best best best friend Roel is graduating in Holland and I want to go there as a surprise. Date of the graduation? The 3rd of July.
This means I will MAYBE be able to be present at the performance in HK and I WILL NOT be able to be there for the performances in Macau.

Does this suck?
Of course it does.
But there's always ice cream (with chocolate sauce and sprinkles).

Can't wait to go to Holland and see Roel again. I miss him. I miss him. I miss him. Sometimes it hurts.
Who'd ever think I'd miss Holland?
Ah well, it's not really Holland, is it? It's more my friends that I miss.. So it's all good. No face-loss, haha.


Over the summer, I'll be going to Musical Theatre Bootcamp, in HK. So I'll be in Holland for about a week or so and then fly back for the bootcamp. Afterwards, I'm maybe able to go to Portugal. I hope so.. Want to see my family :)
Speaking about family.. My dutch grandfather is writing a children's book and practically done. He's working with a woman from Middelburg now who will be drawing the images for the book. Let's hope this works out! I've read bits and pieces of the book and it's actually really nice!
I know I'll only be in Holland for such a short time and my grandparents live out of the direction I'll be going in (they live all the way south-west and I live exactly in the centre of Holland), but maybe I'll go there for 2 days or something like that.
God, I hate this 'maybe maybe maybe,' but what am I to do?

I'll keep you updated.
Hope and strength for all of you, my lovelies.
Special thanks and love for my dear friend The Seeker, who has been there for me when I really needed her. She is now facing problems herself, so please show how cool you are and pray with me for her. I promise, this lady is worth the thought.

-Camilla

3 comments:

Charlotte de Gier said...

Hoi lieve Camilla!
Heel erg goed om te horen dat alles oké gaat! Super! EN JE KOMT NAAR NEDERLAND. YAY. Ik weet dat je waarschijnlijk maar heel weinig tijd gaat hebben hier, maar ik kom gewoon naar je toe hoor, waar je ook bent. YAY! Oke, ik schrijf later even wat langers, maar ik moet nog sporten en leren voor morgen, dus ich gehe!
xxx
from Charles in het koudekikkerlandje, zelf in Juni!

Charlotte de Gier said...

Even, want ik ben ongerust, want er is hier nu heel veel nieuws over opeens weer, is jouw school ook gesloten vanwege de Mexicaanse griep? Aangezien basisscholen worden gesloten in Hongkong lees ik net..
xxxx
LUV

Seeker said...

Oh dear, I went to check about you and found this lovely and sweet shout out about me. Thank you so much sweetheart for your thoughts.
I'm very touched!!!!!

So seems life is going on, I love the new layout of your blog, it's bright and joyfull.
And you keep moving... me like it ;o)

Oh and it sounds exciting the trip to Holland, I bet it will do you lots of good!!!!

Love you my dear friend!!!!!
Wish you all the best and keep moving and updating....

Muah!

xoxoxooxoxox